Benefits of Porcelain Veneers and how they Impact your Smile
Choosing Porcelain Veneers for your Smile Makeover
Veneers are one of the safest and fastest options for those looking to get a quick smile makeover. Do you have a chipped tooth that you would like to cover? Perhaps there’s a gap that you would like to fix? Veneers can solve minor teeth issues that can include a chipped, broken, damaged or misaligned front tooth. This post looks at how you can use porcelain veneers to cover your dental flaws and live a confident life.
What exactly are Porcelain Veneers
When it comes to smile makeover, there are several dental options. Porcelain veneers are one of the most effective options for a quick smile makeover. Porcelain veneers are designed in a form of thin shells made from ceramic material. This material resembles the color of your original teeth in order to give you a natural look.
Types of Porcelain Veneers
There are three main types of porcelain veneers:
- Lithium disilicate: This is a new type of veneers and is created with CAD/CAM technology. They are usually stronger than the other types of veneers.
- Pressed ceramic: Veneers made from pressed ceramic are usually thicker than the other types of veneers. However, they offer a strong solution that lasts you a
- Stacked ceramic: These veneers are custom made for each patients’ individual requirements.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
The benefits of porcelain veneers are cosmetic in nature; however, they help you boost your overall dental health in a lot of ways. Most importantly veneers are designed to help you restore your dental strength. They help you increase your self-confidence and live a productive life. In addition, they help you maintain a better oral hygiene since it is crucial for the maintenance of veneers. So with veneers, you are encouraged to have a better oral health.
What makes you the Right Candidate
Veneers are best for those patients who are looking to fix multiple structural issues that cannot be resolved through other minor treatments. These issues can include:
- Minor front teeth misalignment
- Chipped tooth
- Tooth cracks
- Gaps between front teeth
In order to be a perfect candidate for porcelain veneers you must:
- Have proper oral hygiene
- Have a proper teeth structure (veneers don’t work well on dental structures that are significantly misaligned)
- Have healthy enamel (before the procedure your dentist will remove a thin layer of enamel in order to bond the veneers.)
How to find the Right Specialist
Veneers are categorized as an orthodontic procedure and therefore you need an orthodontist. Do a little bit research before scheduling a visit with your specialist and learn more about the treatment options. Your specialist can guide you through the various forms of veneers available so you can choose a better option according to your needs and budget. The right specialist will examine your oral health first and advise you accordingly.
Schedule a visit, get an oral examination and see if porcelain veneers are the right option for you. If you have major structural issues, talk to your specialist and learn about the various orthodontic treatments.