Discussing your Tooth Replacement Options with your Dentist in Dubai
Most adults go through that period in life where they have to learn to live without their original teeth. Most people experience this due to appalling accidents, injuries, and dental diseases that cause unrepairable damage. However, thanks to the advancements in dentofacial orthopedics, you can easily get tooth replacements and implants to regain your beautiful smile. In this article, we have highlighted why it’s important to discuss your tooth replacement options with your orthodontist in Dubai.
Dentures, Bridges, or Implants
When it comes to tooth replacement, there are a dozen options available. However, not every option is designed to be the perfect replacement procedure for your teeth. Unfortunately, this is not a kind of decision that you can make on your own. Depending on the damage done to the teeth, your orthodontist will decide what will work best for you.
So here are a couple of things that a good orthodontist in Dubai would be able to help you with:
- Dental implants: A dental implant is only required when you have a damaged tooth. In a dental implant, your orthodontist will insert artificial roots into the gum surgically. These roots will then be covered by a tooth-like crown that would give it a natural look and restore your smile. Before this procedure, your orthodontist will completely remove the remains of your previous, damaged tooth.
- Dental Bridges: Also known as the fixed partial denture, a dental bridge is a tooth replacement procedure that is utilized when you have more than one tooth missing. The procedure is called a dental bride because it fixes the gap between your missing teeth. Your orthodontist will implant the bridge onto your tooth that surrounds the gap. Dental bridges are of two main types: implant bridges and removable bridges.
- Dentures: In case you end up losing all your teeth, your orthodontist will prescribe dentures. You can have overdentures (when you lose most of your teeth) or complete dentures (when you lose all of your teeth). Like other tooth replacement options mentioned above, dentures can help you regain your self-esteem and maintain your facial coherence.
Things to consider while discussing your tooth replacement options:
- Make sure that you understand the costs associated with every procedure.
- Talk to your orthodontist about the most viable option.
- See more than one orthodontist and get opinions.
- Make sure that you do not miss any details. Your history can help your orthodontist decide better about what tooth replacement will be best for you, so try to provide accurate details. Depending on your gum health, your orthodontist will decide what replacement option to choose.
- Ask your orthodontist about the treatment after the procedure. You should be aware of the healing time and medication that you may have to take.
Before you proceed to have any of the procedures, it is important to understand that your regular dentist in Dubai is not a specialized dental surgeon. It is crucial that you understand the difference between an orthodontist and a dentist. Most dentists do upgrade to an orthodontist after a rigorous specialization study, but not every dentist excels to be an orthodontist. So be very careful about choosing the right orthodontist.